Tuesday 1 January 2013

My top 5 cards of 2012


As usual the lovely Debby has set the challenge of your 5 favourite cards of 2012. I thought choosing my 5 favourite Christmas cards was hard enough. As I had already chosen those I decided not to include any Christmas cards in this selection. So here we go, in no order.....


I just had to choose a purple card and I love all the elements on this on, LOTV image,gorgoues flowers, clock die and pearls.


I love making boy's cards, as you may know and I think this old fashioned little boy is so cute. 


A distressed card this time a gorgeous Saturated Canary image. 


Another kraft card I know. This was my hubby's anniversary card and love the Sarah Kay image.


I've really enjoyed trying some new techniques this year and I love the way this card turned out.

So there we are. I could have chosen more of course and on another day my choices may have been different. I really want to continue trying out different cards though stamping and colouring will always be my favourite. I am also resolving to continue making Christmas cards all year round and to do more scrapbooking. I started 2012 well with layouts but then the pressures of creating for craft fairs took over. So I will be doing less craft fairs in 2013 and more scrapbooking. 

That just leaves me to wish you all 
A Very Happy New Year
Let's hope it is a happy, healthy and prosperous one for us all.

Thanks for all your support and comments throughout 2012.

14 comments:

Jackie said...

Good morning Marianne and a Happy New Year to you and yours...hugs
What a wonderful selection you have chosen for your favourites :o)
Jackie xx

Sonia said...

Fabulous cards selected Marianne ^_^
Beautiful images and lovely details ^_^
Happy new year^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Sue said...

Happy New Year Marianne.
A gorgeous selection of cards, thank you for sharing

Sue xx

downrightcrafty said...

out of 487 posts I can only imagine how hard it was for you to choose just five but what a gorgeous selection you chose, looking forward to seeing more of your lovely work
Happy New Year
Kate x

Suzie Q said...

great choice of cards x
hugs
Suzie Qx

Anonymous said...

A lovely selection of cards, Marianne. I only dicovered your blog a few weeks back, but it's one of my favourite and I check it out every day. Your creations are so wonderful, keep up the great work in 2013.

Lilly xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Marianne, Oh wow this is a good start to the new year t these are otally stunning and a happy new year to you and yours x

Lisa Jane said...

They are all wonderful
Happy New Year to you and yours
Lisa x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous selection of cards Marianne.
Happy New Year.
Hugs Wendy xx

sallysbitz2 said...

Gorgeous cards Marianne x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Anonymous said...

A beautiful collection of cards Marianne - I don't know how you narrowed the choice down!

Happy new year!
x

coops said...

stunning selection of cards marianne.all so gorgeous.
Happy New Year :D

xx coops xx

Wiccababe said...

happy new year my friend
they're all lovely cards - best wishes for 2013
Debz
xx

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your gorgeous cards Marianne no wonder they're your favourites.
Thank you for joining My Favourite Five of 2012
luv
Debby